Monday, March 13, 2017

What Legacy?

I love to document life! Mainly because I love to write and take pictures of just about anything. I can remember being this way since I was little. When I was just a little bitty thing, I would sit on my Great-Great grandmother’s floor and cut every piece of paper in sight, tote around this wonderful collection of stickers that I acquired from the local nickel and dime stores, and oooo, let’s not forget the one gift that I couldn’t get enough of! My Poloroid!

So now, it doesn’t surprise me, when I look at my bookshelf and spot the eight scrapbooks I have put together about subjects that interest me. There is a book about college, our family and friends, and my wedding day, but the majority of the books are an all-out focus on you, my kids. Yep! With the exception of my wedding album, none of the scrapbooks could tell you a story about me. This fact may be about to change and it all started when I was invited to join a bible study.

I had heard of a bible study that leads you to making an album of your legacy, and I was interested to see the steps it would take for one to leave a legacy. So, I accepted the invite and went to see what was what … well, it really is going to be a bible study that leads to a scrapbook, but it is also going to be the hardest and most challenging thing I’ve done up to this point in my life. See, I had a pretty bumpy childhood and I am so not sure if there is anything to leave as a legacy. So this week, I will be taking the time to go over the study and really feel out the details. I am hoping that by next week, I will have an answer … to explore or not to explore!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year, Until Not

On Wednesday, I slept in late because my allergies were flaring up. Still, I was excited because I was about to relaunch my blog, ready to c...