Wednesday, January 1, 2014

A New Year! A Big Chance

Look at me! Taking a chance for the New Year and putting myself out there. I’ve been wanting to blog for years now. I started this one in the shadows years ago. I posted a few teasers in my notes section of my Facebook page to see if anyone would bite. No one was interested in what I had to say (forgot those privacy settings). Well, what a bummer, I had no time anyway. I deleted all of the teasers (“Girlfriends” was a one good too!) on my Facebook page and deactivated my account … Busy with life.

I have since reactivated my Facebook account (oh the drama!), signed up for Pinterest (oh la la!), Instagram (what’sup IG Cru!), and bought an iPhone 4s, yes, I went backwards, it was free … and now, I love keeping up with my network of family and friends. It was not until recently, when a friend added me to their circle on Google+, that I was reminded of the blog that I had long ago started and forgotten about … then a thought.


I have tossed and turned at the thought of blogging over and over in my mind. I want to do something meaningful. I want to be thought provoking, true to myself and my beliefs. I want it to be good … yeah right, that’s not going to happen! ... I was moving on, again … Then a message on Facebook about my Pinterest board that said, "I love the way you play with words!", I said, "You do?", she said, "Yes, I went to your Envy board thinking I was going to see everything you wanted, and when I got there, everything was green! LOL!". Yes! That’s it, I love words but most of all, I like the way they can mean something else or be used creatively...like metaphors, clichés, and acronyms...then a spark!
 
Well, I’m a die-hard scrapbooker, no really … Bruce Willis, Die Hard 3 Scrapbooker. So, recently when I attended a faculty development course at work, where they taught us how to get students more engaged in class, I never thought my die-hard scrapbooker title would change. Actually, I had no inkling that I was about to embark on great change. A change that would to my surprise set me on a journey of letting go. See, in that class, we were all handed a wonderful book about student engagement and introduced to another awesome book called Journal Spilling by Diana Trout. Well that faculty development and a chance connection on Instagram with a lady, (whose name I would mention, but I didn't get permission) with a rightbrianplanner.com ... I'm now blogging … about all the fun misadventures I am having learning how to create. ... So, here I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year, Until Not

On Wednesday, I slept in late because my allergies were flaring up. Still, I was excited because I was about to relaunch my blog, ready to c...