Sunday, February 19, 2017

Family Time, The Best Time

Family dinner has begun! … Each month my family and I rotate between each other’s houses and have a family dinner. This month was dinner was at Grandma’s house and as usual, we have the best time. My mother-in-law is the most amazing person on the earth. I love hearing her stories of growing up in the south, with eleven other brothers and sisters! I’m an only child and that many siblings fascinates me to no end. I’m not sure what I would have done with all those people to share anything with! LOL!

My Sister-in-law tried a new chicken and broccoli bake that was delish – just remembered I didn’t get the recipe, I must call her – and this time I was on dessert and since I am the worst cook in the world, my goods are always store bought … at least I am really good at pickin’em. The food is just part of the ambiance. It’s really about getting together and catching up on the family’s who, what, when and where’s.

This year we have all planned to go on vacation together. Which is exciting for my kids because it’s the first time they get to go on vacation with their Grandma – who loves to travel and see the sights! Not much slows her down, I mean she puts me to shame with her 5 am gym time and dancing group. She is the center of our family and I am so happy that we make the time to come together and spend that time with her and the rest of the family, and I can’t end there, because my father-in-law is the reason we are all together and so close. We lost him two years ago to the only thing that could take him – cancer. … And we miss him dearly at our gatherings, but his love, strength, and making sure we knew family was important (he was 1 of 22. Yep! 1 of 22) keeps us going.

So, at the end of the night, we are full and plump, hoarse from laughing. We tidy up and say our goodbyes. Good memory managed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year, Until Not

On Wednesday, I slept in late because my allergies were flaring up. Still, I was excited because I was about to relaunch my blog, ready to c...