Sunday, February 5, 2017

"Yeah, You've Got a Friend in Me"

This week was way better than last week! ... but I knew it would be. Sometimes you just have to move forward, pushing through because if you look back, you get all caught up in the should've, could've, and would'ves. Which doesn't do me any good at all ... been there, done that, have the t-shirt to prove it.

What this past week gave me a chance to do was reevaluate myself as a friend. Now, this was amazingly a hard thing to do because I have not always been a good friend. I broke promises, let people down, and lied a lot to victory, well, at least I thought it was victory, and in all that, I could say that I was young and didn't know better, which is part of it, but the truth is, I could have made better choices and been a better friend.


I am so glad that with age and experience, comes wisdom. Today, I consider myself a really good friend, a perfect secret keeper ... I mean there is no way Lily and James Potter would have died on my watch! {insert neck swivel and I dare you face here} No way! ... but what my past has taught me is that being kind, considerate, authentic, loving, and dare I say, real. It's the only way to go. I have forge really good friendships with people who I love dearly ...and I don't part from them without them knowing that they are loved. Today, my intentions to be a really good friend not only goes without saying, it's practiced! ... and with that I say,


Good night Friend, I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year, Until Not

On Wednesday, I slept in late because my allergies were flaring up. Still, I was excited because I was about to relaunch my blog, ready to c...