Sunday, January 29, 2017

It's Not What It Seems

Okay, so, apparently my week happened … and I was not there! LOL! I was super-duper busy this past week. Definitely auto pilot applies. I had work, doctors’ appointments, teenage meltdown, syllabus typos, and even at this moment, I almost forgot to write my weekly digest. It is also at this moment I realize that I am hell bent on accomplishing weekly entries of this, my blog. Oh yes! I am going to write something, no matter what! So, here I am sharing a challenge that I faced this week that could have changed my family forever.

We moved my daughter to a new school in the middle of her fall semester. It was a rough settling in because she went from a small charter school to a regular high school, but otherwise, she seemed to be doing okay. Now, the preface to this story is, she is the child who makes friends easy, loves to hang out and have fun, shops til I drop, and is very talented. All reasons, I knew that eventually, she would settle into her new school. So, when she went into a fit of screams of help and how she couldn’t take it anymore, her Dad and I learn that she has been dealing with the utmost fear of a teenager. Rejection.

For what we knew, she had settled in nicely. Her GPA was good for such a big move and she made the JV soccer team. … Well, it turned out that the soccer team was the root of my challenge. Yes, the “amazing” soccer team that she was on, was not so amazing at all, and the part that pulls at this Mama’s tension strings, she kept a brave face as long as she could, not once asking for an intervention! It turned out that the girls were telling her she sucked, we’re shunning her at practice, and passing off rumors about people as hers. So one night, my husband and I were settling in when we heard the worst scream ever and off we took, running toward what I thought was the end of my life … and when we got to where the scream came from, there she was, on her hands and knees begging for the world to leave her alone, whispering desperately for help to understand the ton of bricks that just dropped on her. We looked on as she sobbed her heart out, trying to piece together the betrayal of fake friends and lies.

Insert here my challenge, not to go the {bleep} off and let somebody know exactly what I thought of the situation. Instead, stay back and put together my little girl’s heart. It’s mad scary being a parent. I am just thankful that I serve a mighty God. He was there the whole time and made sure the resources we needed were in place to heal this situation. She left the team and has decided to try another sport. Today, she told me that she was okay with leaving soccer this year but next year, she’s going to go back and play. Yes, one step closer to healing but taking it day by day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year, Until Not

On Wednesday, I slept in late because my allergies were flaring up. Still, I was excited because I was about to relaunch my blog, ready to c...