Sunday, January 22, 2017

It Was a Laid Back Kind of Week

The Kids
It’s Monday: Martin Luther King, Jr. Day and there is NO SCHOOL! I love having my kids at home. They are full of fun and mischief. My son is 6’6” and takes great pleasure in hugging me and walking around with me in his arms, he calls it, “smother mother ahhh!” … really? LOL! … And my darling Kay, well she’s a dancer. I point his out because she is light on her feet, and she gets the drop on me every time, and you think I would have my guard up but nooooo, she catches me when I’m the busiest … like right now. HA HA!

Well, this past week was very productive as I went back to work. Yep! Break time is over but I’m super excited to get back to work. I’m involved with a lot of projects that round me out well as an instructor. This week was all about academic advising. Oh what a feeling to let a student know that they are about to accomplish a huge milestone, getting their college degree! I could advise all day!

My only adventure this week was spending time in ER with my son with a bruised knee. He’s fine but we sure got a kick out of the characters we saw in ER. I always pray in ER, it’s a good place for it but this time around (because this time, he had an injury that could wait – thankful!) he noticed the people - and he also noticed that we probably should have been wearing masks! Since we’ve been getting a lot of rain here in SoCal, everyone is getting sick. Airborne is the way to go.

So, it’s been a laid back week, yeah, even with ER in the mix but I am sure that it’s going to get more interesting once my classes start and I meet my students. Yep, yet the drama begin! Especially since I teach the justice part of the Politics, Administration, and Justice Division of our university. Until next week, I remind you, that WE the PEOPLE are going to ALRIGHT!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year, Until Not

On Wednesday, I slept in late because my allergies were flaring up. Still, I was excited because I was about to relaunch my blog, ready to c...