Sunday, January 15, 2017

That's a Good Question

This week started off with a bang! Had an interesting question to answer … can a person be racist and Christian at the same time? Of course my answer was NO, a person can’t be racist and Christian at the same time But, Professor Miller steps in and says, “Are you sure?” – Now, before you’re like, what?! I have to say that I ask this question when I have an emotional response to a worldly answer more than having a Biblical one. So, I needed to do a little research. You know, get some Biblical base and give the answer that really helps my children understand. Thus, this mom had a quest!

My New Study Bible
First I had to define racist, which is completely different from prejudice, bigot, bias, and preference - it turns out that I am very prejudice of spiders. Once I got the definitions of what we are familiar with,  I went to my most trusted source, my Bible … okay, okay, my YouVersion App, which is awesome and yes, I will except your friend request … and here is the sum of what I found - now remember, I was asking God can a person be racist and Christian at the same time, and this is what the Bible pointed out to me: Romans 10:12 - For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him, and John 7:24 - Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment. … Well, that answers that!

I took the Bible and me approach to explain this Momma adventure, because reality is, some people are racist and they love God, well as least that’s their argument. Which is the reality of sin in the world, a reality that I cannot deny, and once a person is convinced they are right, there is no use in trying to change their mind. ... So, in a ironic way, I don’t have to change my answer, ever! {big cheese smile here} I can say with assurance that people can’t be racist and Christian at the same time. Now dealing with those type of people is a whole other strategy. I am just glad to know that God’s word is working in my daily life, actions, and still working on my reactions. Until next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year, Until Not

On Wednesday, I slept in late because my allergies were flaring up. Still, I was excited because I was about to relaunch my blog, ready to c...